AI or AI-Assisted Services Policy
In recent years, scientists are widely using artificial intelligence-based tools in data generation or data analysis or interpretation of results. The IJAaEB encourages the responsible use of AI-Tools and AI-Assisted services in manuscript preparation to advance the field of biological research.
Use of AI-Tools and AI-Assisted Services
- The use of AI-Tools or AI-Assisted services must be in accordance with the ethical and legal standards, including respect for intellectual property, data privacy, and avoiding any form of plagiarism or misconduct.
- Authors must disclose the responsible usage of AI-Tools or AI-Assisted services by adding a declaration statement.
- The declaration statement must include the description of the tools or services used and provide sufficient information to enable readers and reviewers to understand their contribution to the research or manuscript preparation.
- This will not apply for the use of basic tools for checking grammar, spelling, and references such as in MS Word, EndNote etc.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of contents generated through AI-Tools or AI-Assisted services.
- Manuscripts using AI-Tools or AI-Assisted services will undergo the same peer review process as other submissions.
- Reviewers will be encouraged to evaluate the use of AI-Tools or AI-Assisted services in the manuscript.
Sample Declaration Statements
Declaration of Generative AI and AI-assisted technologies in the writing process
It is declared that we the authors used ChatGPT 3.5 free version for paraphrasing 10% of text during the preparation of this manuscript submitted for publication in the International Journal of Applied and Experimental Biology (IJAaEB). After using this tool, the author(s) reviewed and edited the content as needed and take(s) full responsibility for the content of the publication.”
It is declared that we the authors did not use any AI tools or AI-assisted services in the preparation, analysis, or creation of this manuscript (Research/Review article) submitted for publication in the International Journal of Applied and Experimental Biology (IJAaEB).”